

Not to long ago these pens were brought into the world by Spencer,me. I went to a man that I know that knows how to make pens. I told him I was interested in making a pen he helped me through the steps and I ended up with the darker pen,seen above, we then put on a light finish and I was done with one. About a week ago I wanted to make another pen I went over to his house again and we turned another one this one is lighter and has a stronger finish made mostly of super glue.

Depending on the wood you use you will end up with different colored pens you might end up with blue or bright red ,if you buy colored wood, or you could get more natural wood like dark and light brown. Each pen turns out different but somewhat the same.

Last of all to make a pen you need a lathe to turn the pen so it is circular. You don't have to be an expert to turn a pen but you have to be pretty good with a lathe so you don't end up with ridges or uneven diameters on your pen when it meets up with metal. Those are the basics about pens that are made like the ones I made.
5 comments:
Very cool!
Totally AWESOME!
Wow, nice job, Spencer. Before I realized you made the pens I thought they looked great. I'm even more impressed knowing that you made them.
Derek
Outstanding Spencer. I agree with Derek before I knew you had made them I thought they were cool. They are even more amazing since you made them. They really are beautiful. Keep up the talent.
Can't wait to see them in person. Grandpa
Post a Comment