Saturday, February 6, 2010

Yearly Pinewood Derby

I've lost track of how many years now we have been doing Pinewood Derby. Anyway, tis the time of year for cutting, sanding and painting for the big race. This is Parker's second year doing this so he knew what to expect. We had a fun time and we placed "the usual" somewhere in the middle of the pack. Not super but not last either. Parker had fun watching his car run and was excited when it came in second in a couple of the races. The times are averaged after all the heats are run.
Only have these two photos but you get the idea. (Parker's car is second from left)Here is a sample of the racing. Parker came in second in this race.

8 comments:

Stefani said...

Awesome Parker! I love the color of that car. I wish I could see it up close.

Carin said...

Congratulations!! That was fabulous, Parker. But K&K, you haven't been doing pine wood derby as long as we have.................
uggghh! And now, in our new ward, we have Pine WARD derby, too. Last year our family entered seven cars. Just can't wait for Raingutter Regata! Oh boy, doggy daddy, hold me back from that fun......we can all hyperventilate together.

Lindseys said...

Way to go, Parker!!!

Derek

Nicole said...

Congratulations Parker! Great job on the car!

Cindy Thomas said...

Gotta' love the derby!

karensumpter said...

It's a good-looking car Parker!

Carrie said...

Right on Parker. Mitch still has the cars he made. Your car was awesome. Congrats.

Joe and Julie said...

SO does anyone have any ideas about how long cubs have beem doing PWD? I didn;t do it when I was a cub (1950) but Derek did it (1977?) Congrats Parker.