Trevor has been asking to go fishing for a long time now so when I saw the flyer about the free fishing day at a local pond I decided to go for it. Of course I had to get us some poles and figure out what the heck I was doing. Saturday morning bright and early Tevor, Spencer, Grandpa Lindsey and I headed out for our adventure. We found a spot and settled in. We happend to notice the guy next to us who had about 4 poles out and was pulling in fish faster than you could believe. In this picutre of Trevor you can see this guy's collection of fish floating in the water (right above Trevor's head). Well..... we didn't catch a thing! (ok--maybe the fish weren't too crazy about our bait--cheerios and cheese) but we sure had fun casting and reeling in. We had lots of fun and Trevor is already talking about the next time we go. And the next time we go we'll take some real bait--I think it's called "Rainbow Power Bait". That's what the guy next to us was using.
ps. thanks for the pictures Grandpa!
7 comments:
so cute that trevor is the instigator of the fishing trip... and i'm impressed you got it rolling! i would have no clue what to buy or do... fun that grandpa got to go with you!
Ohh, man how fun!! Aaron would have love to come with you (you know Mr. Fisherman) and he would have given you (and the kids) some good pointers...not that Aaron catches a fish every time. I wish we could have come with you!!! I think that worms work pretty good for bait too, but that power bait might work better :0)
You would think that FAMILIES with 4 STRAPPLING BOYS could at LEAST catch a fish?!?! What's up with that? We had the SAME problem a month back!
Looks like fun. Aidan's been asking to go fishing too. Not sure where to go here so we'll have the find that out. Glad you had a good time.
Wow, Kris good for you for going. I was just thinking the other day that we need to plan some activities (like this one) together. This looks fun - Brady would have loved it.
Great job mom - I'm so impressed! If I were a fish, I would have gone for the cheerios and cheese. :)
Sometimes just drowning worms (or is it cheerios and cheese) can be a good time.
Post a Comment