Saturday, August 22, 2009

End of Summer Happenings

We have another new addition to the family (no not more gerbils) : )
Luckily some of Taylor's friends were over and they helped, well actually, put up the whole thing. It has been a big hit so far, and so far no broken arms or legs.

We took a trip to McCall one Saturday. Taylor was doing the "ordeal" (or whatever you call it) for Order of the Arrow for scouting and the scout camp is in McCall. We had such a fun day as we were passing the day away waiting for Taylor to be finished. It was a cold day, a little odd for the end of August but the boys had a ball at the lake (so shocking I know) and we saw some beautiful scenerey and also checked out some potential family reunion sites.


I don't know if you can tell from this picture but the lake is very clear. I was not expecting that.



The view from above Payette Lake. Reminds me a little of camp Ritchie (awsome girls camp in CA)




I LOVE this view! Absoultely gorgeous. The wind was blowing and rippeling the grass. I can't decide if I like the lake view or meadow view better?!?





Out for a hike (do you like Spencer's vintage BYU sweatshirt?)






Brenna in the meadow.


Summer can't be ending yet can it?
















Last week we got corn from my Uncle Roger. It is soooo delicious and we wanted to have some to freeze. Well we got corn! Thanks Uncle Roger









Boy did we get corn! We loaded up the back of the van and spent the evening shucking, cutting, cooking and bagging. We actually didn't even do it all, it was too much. We gave away the rest to friends and neighbors and ended up getting 70 bags of frozen corn for us. NICE!










5 comments:

karensumpter said...

I wish we could have done corn with you...I'm so tired of corn being like 2 for $1 at the store! You guys are true 'christensens' for doing 70 bags:) Beautiful pictures of the lake and meadow!

Cindy Thomas said...

That corn thing reminds me of my childhood... WOW! Lucky you guys (and gals)!

Stefani said...

I thought the same thing about the picture of the lake. It looks a lot like Camp Ritchie! Love that place!

And I'm jelly about the corn. YUM! WE attempted some in our garden. What a joke!!! Luckily we can usually get pretty good corn 5 for a dollar over at Windmill. It's not as good as that idaho corn though. Glad you're having fun!

Terry said...

Beautiful pics.
Now you can add corn to EVERYTHING. :) Did you have to drive far to get the beautiful pics at the lake? I can't believe summer is coming to an end...The air is feeling brisk in the morning here...already.

Lindseys said...

Where in the world do you store 70 bags of corn?!? That's great that you have so much.

We are excited to come visit in October.