Friday, September 12, 2008

Up and Running (almost)

I know, I know, a post with no pictures is pretty grim but this is all I can manage right now. I still don't have a computer for me set up yet so I only get to use Kyle's work computer whenever I can snatch a few minutes.

Our move went relatively smoothly other than our house taking forever to close in SJ so we were homeless for about 10 days. Thanks to the generosity of my aunt and uncle we didn't have to live out of a hotel that long. We stayed at their house for about 6 days and then we needed to move a little closer to the schools so the kids could start. Taylor had a bad stomach bug during all that too so that was no fun. We are all getting used to our new surroundings and loving it. The weather has been gorgeous. We spent the evening at the park playing soccer and touch football. We absolutely love our new house and the extra space we have. I claim to have all the essentials unpacked and the rest can stay in the garage (or disappear--even better) Tomorrow we will have a box flattening party, put up some shelves in the garage and try to organize what's left.
Our ward is very nice and I already have a calling --cub committee chair--oh boy-! There are even about 10 deacons in the ward --yea for Taylor!
Hopefully I will be able to post better next time. We miss all our SJ friends and family very much.
ttfn

8 comments:

The Fear Fam said...

Congratulations! I'm glad the move went smoothly and that you are getting settled in. We miss you guys here in SJ.

Stacey said...

it's great to hear from you. i bet you feel like you can just take a deep breath and spread out with all that extra space! i love the organizing part of moving into a new house. everything feels so well put together. enjoy! we miss you.

Janet + Craig said...

I'm so glad you updated! You've been on our minds a whole bunch. I'm glad you're getting settled and happy there. We miss all of you.

Cindy Thomas said...

...or disappear, I really really like that! I NEVER thought of that but that's good... maybe if we said "bippity boppity boo!" We're glad you're getting use to your new surroundings!

Natalie said...

Kris, I am so excited for you. What a beautiful new house! We just moved ourselves from about a mile down the road to a new apt. It was the biggest pain in the entire world. I cannot even imagine moving a bunch of kids to a new state!!! wow, amazing.

DebJ said...

Hi Kris! How exciting for your family! Glad to hear that you are all getting settled and congratulations on the new calling already! Wow! They aren't slow in your new ward, are they? LOL!

Stefani said...

Ok, i'll forgive you just this once for having no pictures... we miss you a ton!:-( sniff, sniff

Annie said...

We miss you too! I still have unemptied boxes in my garage!