We have had quite the fun time around here the past 2 months.
Carving pumpkins
Dressing up for Halloween
Parker-gunfighter, Trevor-lion tamer, Brenna-cheerleader
Parker came up with his own costume. I thought it was so cute
Someone got asked to the Harvest Dance at school
We grew some of our own pumpkins this year. The vine took over our whole side yard and we only got 2 pumpkins out of it. Brenna got the seed at school so this was fun for her to grow some pumpkins.
We had 3 boys doing sports this year. Taylor finished up his cross country career at Mt. View High School. I never did perfect getting pictures of him running. He improved way more in running than I did at pcutre taking over the years (ha!) and it has become something he really enjoys. He got one of his best times on this last race. Way to go Taylor!
Trevor LOVES soccer. He is fast and can play any position well. although I think he likes being fullback. His coach complimented him on being a good sportsman. One time the other team did not have enough players. The coach asked for volunteers to play on the other team and Trevor volunteered. (he even scored points for them). Anyway, we are happy for him that he loves to play and is a good teammate.
Trevor before the game (oh and we got a "new" car this fall--you can see the end of it here--don't you love it-ha!)
Spencer made the JV swim team this year. This is Spencer's love. He has tried other sports but this is his favorite. He absolutely loved going to practice every day. We carpool with two other swimmers (who happen to be girls) and one day when it was my turn to drive we showed up at the pool and the pump had broken so there was no practice that day. From the back seat came cheering from the girls "yay, no practice today" And there is Spencer in the front grumbling "Awww-BUMMER!!!"
He is very sad it's over but he will start driver's ed. in December so that will give him something to do. Another driver in the family--woohoo!
Spencer is diving off the blocks here for a relay that he was in. He is the one horizontal to the water with the green stripe on the side of his jammers (swim lingo for swim shorts)
Swimming the 50 free
We are happy our kids have found things they like to do. As you can see we have very diverse tastes here but that is what I love. The variety is great. Parker continues to play piano and is improving so much. All the sports are over now and it's been crazy getting everyone to practices, games, lessons etc. A couple of times we have had soccer, swim, cross country and other activities come up all at the same day and time. The kids were understanding that we could not be to everything but we went to everything we could and loved it all! Now on the the calm months of November and December.... : )


6 comments:
Wow you guys have been busy. We wish we could come visit you for Thanksgiving. Sounds like it's going to be a rip-roaring party. So fun that the kids are doing great at their various activities.
Exciting stuff going on there in Idaho. Looking forward to seeing you all shortly.
Love Trevor's lion tamer costume with the lion coming out of his pocket. Is Taylor actually smiling about being asked to the dance...it looks like it. Love the sports pictures and glad that your kids are all finding their "thing". I hope my kids do the same:)
It is so fun to hear all about what you guys have been up to. And it gives me hope that one day my kids will be out doing those things and developing their talents instead at home whining and crying (we've had a lot of that lately for some reason)!
Also, I wanna hear more about the harvest dance....your little newborn is all grown up and going to dances???? Crazy and exciting. See you soon!
Hahaha! Suzie's comment cracked me up. I loved reading all about your stuff. The costumes are GREAT and the sports are so fun! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks :)
I hardly know where to begin. I love the Halloween costumes. Each one is so creative. It's also so neat to see the boys in their sports. It brings back sweet memories as well. I'm so proud of them. I can't wait to see photos from the Harvest dance next. And what a fun trip to Yellowstone!
Post a Comment