Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not Sure How I Feel About This

Brenna is now going to preschool 2 times a week and will be starting Kindergarten in the fall
How do I feel about this? I don't think I have ever been so mixed in my feelings. 15 years it has been that I've had little ones around me 24/7. That is ending. I actually can't believe it's happening. What happened to those days when I NEVER sat down? Gone. It's pretty doggone quiet around here and somethimes I might think I'm getting a little lonely.
BUT...
Part of me is smiling. I did it, I survived the little kid stage! Hard? Yes! More rewarding than I ever imagined? YES!!! Now I get to try to remember what I liked to do in my free time. Maybe discover some new things I want to try. Now don't get me wrong, I still feel plenty busy keeping up with all the kids and house etc. but I'm getting a little more time to myself that I haven't had for so long that I don't even remember it.
So here's to a new phase of life--sad to see the little kids go but excited to enjoy them as older kids and teenagers. The fun is just beginning....

10 comments:

Lindseys said...

Wow, Brenna, you are getting pretty big to start preschool.

Congrats, Kris. I'm sure you will find something to do with your time. If not, something will find you.

Derek

Joe and Julie said...

I am not trying to rush things along but just see what changes occur in your lives when they are all out of the house.

Janet said...

im right there with you kris... austin just started preschool 2 times a week and will go to kinder in the fall too! except i've been "little kid-ing" 5 years less than you! :) i'm excited and nervous about my new found freedom starting next sept!! we'll have to exchange notes!!

Natalie said...

what? children grow up? i don't believe it! this is wonderful and exciting news to me. i am currently in the stage you are leaving....oooohhh myyyy

Stefani said...

Ya, you cry a little and then BAM! Just like that, you're over it. And then before you know it your baby will be a teenager, wahahaha!

Shannon B said...

OH my! That will be quite interesting for you but YAY for making it to the next phase in life!! Brenna is NOT old enough is she!?

karensumpter said...

I was just talking to Suzie about this yesterday and she doesn't believe the day will ever come:)

Carrie said...

Sorry Kris but I'm voting no! Cute Brenna can't be growing up and going to school. I know she will have a blast. She will be one of the funnest (is that a word) pre-schoolers. Good luck and congratulations to both of you.

Cindy Thomas said...

Nap Time! :)

Jyll said...

What a huge milestone! Give yourself a big pat on the back for being home with your kids when they were little...the whole 15+ years worth. You'll never get that back. But then, as you said, go out and find some new things you've been wanting to try, but never did. Can't wait to hear about it.